Search engine SEO optimization. We remember how it was done many years ago? What has changed since then? Well, to answer this question is easy: the modern SEO is totally different from that of a time! Minded to the tactics used. Let's look at it in detail, because it is quite instructive to compare the present and the past of the search engine optimization.
InfoGraphic of QuickSprout - right click on it to enlarge it - it helps us to clarify what has changed from the SEO who was about ten years ago to what you do today. In reality, we must sadly note that there are still too many webmasters still the old techniques, which in some cases can still give some advantage in the short term, but in the long run prove to be obsolete - indeed: often prove counterproductive.
In practice, here below summarized the main points of computer graphics, that is, the differences between the old vision of search engine optimization and the new. If you need to create a website, open a personal blog, launch an online e-commerce site or a corporate blog, you cannot really afford to do SEO as it was in prehistoric times... the web! :-D
• At the level of mentality, the old way of doing SEO points everything on keywords and it was focused on getting the best possible positioning in Google SERP.
• The new way of doing SEO instead has a broader vision: in fact, studying how web users interact with a particular brand, product or service. So, today, the selection of keywords has slipped further downstream in the process SEO, and comes after the analysis phase, the creation of quality content and actions of social media marketing.
• As for the keywords, the old method SEO focused on the choice of the individual keyword, assessing what were those that could bring more traffic to the web site, e-commerce or Blog client.
• Today, SEO specialist focus on the needs of people when they are in the research phase, trying to intercept Google users who may be really interested in the products and services customers. In this sense, rather than to optimize a single keyword high traffic, we think in terms of long-tailed.
• To support this, the InfoGraphic shows us that as many as 70% of the traffic that comes from search engines comes from the long tail keyword. And that 69% of professional search engine optimization focuses on the conversion rate and on performance indicators, rather than only on the number of total visits received.
• The old SEO created content for the search engines, without any attention for their quality and for their relevance and pertinence.
• The new way of doing SEO aims to create quality content, For example the texts that provide real value to the audience of the niche they address. Doing so allows you to attract the attention of a very select target. This is, in essence, the heart of modern marketing content.
• Referring to link building, the old SEO at this point has given the best of themselves in terms of crap. :-) In fact, the rule was that of spam link everywhere, even to exchange links or backlinks to buy tons of low-quality sites and off topic.
The new EES, which strives to keep pace with the constant updates of the algorithm of Google, has put things right: Today, search engine optimization professionals looking to make earning link, strive to achieve that - thanks to the valuable content published - quality links from authoritative sites and dealing with their own arguments.
These are some of the most obvious differences between the old and the new philosophy SEO. Things have evolved in this direction because of the change of the Google algorithm and that of all other search engines. Webmasters, did not remain that adapt, otherwise they would do search engine optimization useless or even harmful!
And you, what kind of seo
does? You have the patience to do content marketing and inbound marketing as it should? Or you are one who tends to play on the edge, poised between the lawful and penalized by Google and other search engines? In short: how is your search engine optimization?