Many large and small companies rely on the use of Exchange Server for competent emailing both internally and externally. No doubt, this server application is safe by every means and has been confirmed to be extremely user friendly
Like other databases, Microsoft Exchange Server database (EDB file) may also get corrupt or damaged at some point of time and does not allow you to carry out typical Exchange Server operations. The corruption of EDB files may very well root loss of precious email data and mainly blocking the communication pipes. The corruption can be of 2 forms - Logical and Physical. Logical corruption is quite common and takes place due to internal error in the database. When it occurs, Microsoft Exchange Server database becomes completely unusable and you come across a severe data loss. MS Exchange Server comes with an inbuilt ESUTIL utility to repair corrupt edb files, but in case of severe corruption, it does not work. Thus, you are required to opt for Exchange Recovery to get your valuable data back.
You may run into logical corruption of EDB file due to any of the following reasons:
1. If you wrongly run the soft recovery using eseutil /r tool after restoring the database from an online backup, it repeats only log files and pay no attention to the patch files. It may consequence in logical corruption. Extensible Storage Engine 98 does not allow you to run the soft recovery on an EDB file that requires hard recovery. In case you try this, the following Jet error emerges in Application Event Log of Exchange Server:
2. If you initialize an incompatible EDB file, the process checks whether that log range defined in database header is there in directory of log, and signatures of both log and database are right. In case it does not locate the specific values, it logs the underneath event:
3.The database may also face logical corruption if you run eseutil /p utility. Jet-level Exchange Server database repairs outcome in some disorganized disk space uses and data loss, as it fixes the EDB file by removing the corrupt data.
To resolve this problem and make sure efficient Microsoft Exchange recovery, follow the underwritten steps:
1. Defragment the database using eseutil /d command and then run a database integrity check using Isinteg -fix command.
2. Restore corrupt EDB file from the most up to date backup. You should not run the soft recovery after restoring from backup as it may root supplementary damage.
3. Use third party Exchange recovery software to repair the problem and restore database.
The Exchange recovery tool is chiefly designed to carry out in-depth scan of the complete EDB file and extract all inaccessible data from it. They proffer simple and safe Exchange Server Recovery due to their rich graphical user interface and non-destructive nature.
Many Exchange recovery software are available in the market. You might also do a search on the Internet. Google will show a number of tools for you. Choose a tool by checking all the features that the tool is offering. Take your time while choosing a software. A help file comes with the tool that includes all the information and specification about the tool. The results produced by such Microsoft exchange recovery tools are adequate. Follow precisely the same steps that are given in manual files.
< ahref="http://www.stellarinfo.com/edb-exchange-server-recovery.htm">Stellar Phoenix Mailbox Exchange Recovery is the most competent and complete exchange server recovery tool to provide exchange database recovery in all EDB corruption circumstances. It restores emails, appointments, attachments, tasks, journal, notes, contacts, and other EDB file objects. This exchange recovery software works well with MS Exchange Server 2007, 2003, 2000, and 5.5.