Grow healthy long hair

RSS Author RSS     Views:N/A
Bookmark and Share          Republish
It is a dream for many to grow long, beautiful and healthy hair and fortunately it is not an extremely difficult process at all. It does not involve the expensive hair products traded by salons, expensive vitamins, or any sort of surrender to get the same. But before we go further down the roads to long and healthy hair we should know that hair has a genetic terminal length. There are approximately 100,000 follicles on the scalp and no more follicles will be added any more and the normal rate to grow hair in humans is half an inch a month. The life span of a single hair, in the absence of damage, is four to five years before falling out and being replaced by a new hair. And by the end of its life a single hair would be anywhere from two feet to two and a half feet long. And that what you see many people, having hairs that hang below their knees is the matter of genetics. You must understand that your hair cannot grow longer than your genetic make-up and there is nothing you can do about that.

Anyone concerned in growing long healthy hair, should be aware that there are more things not to do to grow hair, make quicker progress with the growth, and keep your hair healthy than there are things to pay attention to. All that you need is commitment. Keeping hair in excellent condition at extreme lengths takes more of your conscious effort than may be necessary if you intend to keep your hair shorter at mid-back length. And the basic tips involved are balanced diet and nutrition, life habits, methods of hair care, and product selection. Above all, care should be taken to prevent any damage, extreme dryness, and breaking of the hair. You hair care regimen should not only look after the healthy growth of your hair but also must maintain that health at all times.

Hair is a shaft of protein, essentially keratin (90% with the remaining 10% being water) that pushes outward from follicles in the skin. Only the follicle itself is alive and the hair shaft is dead hard protein. Therefore a low protein diet can cause the hair to thin and will certainly slow its growth. Some of the best sources of protein are brewer's yeast, wheat germ, and granulated lecithin. Vitamins are also important for the growth of your hair. The B and E vitamins are good for your hair as are zinc, sulfur, and magnesium. Also make sure your multi-vitamin includes biotin. To get more B vitamins from your diet, eat beans, peas, carrots, cauliflower, soybeans, bran, nuts, and eggs. Avocados, nuts, seeds, and olive oil contain the E vitamins.

Now regarding how to handle your hair then it is important that you should be extremely gentle with your hair when it is wet. Reduce the friction on your hair and your hair should be braided or in an up do hairstyles whenever possible to avoid daily wear and tear. Deep condition your hair once in a week or in a month if your hair is dry or damaged or evens it is in a good shape. Hot oil treatments are a good substitute for very dry hair. Try to become familiar with the ingredients in your styling products so that once you know what affects your hair you will be able to effectively choose products that suits best to your hair type.

The professional ghd straighteners, ghd straightener and ghd hair straighteners you can get here with attractive price.

Report this article
This article is free for republishing

Bookmark and Share

Ask a Question about this Article