Although many people consider dental implants as a part of cosmetic dentistry they can actually help improve the quality of life for those that suffer from tooth loss due to decay, gingivitis, or injury.
Until more recently the only options available for replacing lost teeth have been dentures or bridges. Luckily, thanks to advancement in dentistry the field has become more comprehensive and cosmetic dentists are able to provide patients with the popular solution of implants. But what exactly are implants?
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants replace tooth roots that may have been lost due to decay or injury. They provide the foundation for permanent or removable replacement teeth that are made to match your natural teeth.
What are the advantages of implants?
Implants offer patients a myriad of advantages that range in an improved appearance to better oral health. The following are the main benefits of getting dental implants.
• Appearance- The benefit of implants over other solutions is that they look and feel like your own teeth therefore improving your appearance.
• Speech- Having missing teeth can make your speech sound drastically different and poor fitting dentures can slip. Implants, however, are like your own teeth and will allow you to speak normally without the fear of slipping because they are a permanent fixture.
• Comfort- Implants become permanently fixed in your jaw and therefore are much more comfortable that dentures.
• Eating- Dentures can slide and make chewing food difficult, but with implants being like your own teeth they will function like your own teeth.
• Self-Esteem- Implants can return your smile to the way it was before you lost teeth and make you feel better about yourself.
• Oral Health- Dental implants do not require sedation dentistry techniques or shaving down the surrounding teeth, which means that your natural teeth are left intact.
• Durability- Implants are extremely durable and will last a lifetime if taken care of properly.
• Convenience- Implants do not require removal or adhesives to keep them in. Once a dentist has put them in place they become a natural part of your mouth.
How successful are implants and is it painful?
The success rate if dental implants can vary depending on which tooth is being replaced, but in general the success rate is about 98%. With the correct care implants can last a lifetime. Another question many patients ask is if the process is painful. For most people there is very little discomfort and often times local anesthesia is used during the procedure. In fact, most patients that have received implants claim that it is less painful than extracting a tooth. Although pain is minimal it is important to note that there can be some soreness after the procedure, but it can be treated with over the counter pain medications such as Tylenol.
Where can I find Dental Implant services in Alpharetta, GA?
If you are looking for premiere dental implant and comprehensive dental services in Alpharetta, GA then look no further. At Jones Bridge Dental Care we offer a wide array of dental services from simple biannual cleanings to preventive dentistry services. Give us a call today and find out how we can help you on your journey to better oral health!
Originally posted at http://articlepdq.com/health-fitness/beauty/dental-implants-2/